Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Chapter One: Down the Rabbit Hole


“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then. ” ― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland




“In another moment down went Alice after it, never once considering how in the world she was to get out again.” 


These wings grew feathers that carried me across the pond. Drawn to the other side by a parallel soul, a friend, a teacher, and a believer. A lifeline to what was beyond. So much was yet to unfold. A day trip through the wind and under the sun spun my eyes through fields and perceptions, beauty and regressions. Plants and animals, breathing trees, whispered life into my being. With wide eyes, the dark was easily contrasted by the light. 



"In Movement Is Blessing" -Patti Smith Woolgathering









“Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop”




You used to be much more..."muchier." You've lost your muchness.” 


"To speak truly, few adult persons can see nature.  Most persons do not see the sun.  At least they have a very superficial seeing.  The sun illuminates only the eye of the man, but shines into the eye and heart of the child.  The lover of nature is he whose inward and outward senses are still truly adjusted to each other; who has retained the spirit of infancy even into the era of manhood."  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson



"Children have neither past nor future; they enjoy the present, which very few of us do."  ~Jean de la Bruyere


"A child's world is fresh and new and beautiful, full of wonder and excitement.  It is our misfortune that for most of us that clear-eyed vision, that true instinct for what is beautiful and awe-inspiring, is dimmed and even lost before we reach adulthood."  ~Rachel Carson





"Grown-ups never understand anything for themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them."  ~Saint-Exupéry,The Little Prince, 1943


"He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe is as good as dead; his eyes are closed."  ~Albert Einstein



"You will find more happiness growing down than up."






“Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to."
"I don't much care where –"
"Then it doesn't matter which way you go.”
























Step wisely..




“I wonder if I've been changed in the night. Let me think. Was I the same when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I'm not the same, the next question is 'Who in the world am I?' Ah, that's the great puzzle!” 

Sometimes the brightest sky comes after the darkest night. A spiraling hole that opens up into a beautiful other side..



Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again.  ~C.S. Lewis










No comments:

Post a Comment