Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Mr. Mulvany

Old and Wise
by Carlos Mulvany
April 14, 1974

As far as I can see,
There are shadows appraoching me.
To those I leave behind
I want you to know
You've always shared my deapest thoughts,
They follow where I go.

Oh when I'm old and wise
Bitter words will mean little to me.
Autumn winds will blow right through me.
Someday in the midst of time
When they ask me if I knew you
I'll smile and say
You were a friend of mine.
Sadness will be lifted from my eyes,
because I'm old and wise.

As far as my eyes can see
There are shadows surrounding me.
To those I leave behind,
I want you all to know
You've always shared my deepest thoughts
I'll miss you when you go.

When I'm old and wise
Heavy words that tossed and threw me
Like autumn winds will blow on to me.

Someday in the midst of time
When they ask you
If you know me,
REMEMBER...
You are a friend of mine.

The final curtain falls, 
when I'm old and wise.
As far as my eyes can see
There are shadows approaching me.
I will always smile because
you still know me...


Special love and gratitude for Sir Carlos, a wonderful manager and most importantly a beautiful friend... 

No comments:

Post a Comment