Thursday, November 7, 2013

Natalie Melissa ft Alain Gerard

The essence of fall in the city is examined through this lovely photo set by photographer Natalie Melissa. Darker tones hinting winter is arriving mesh with a golden glow reminding us of the present moment. This is definitely a time of year for internal reflection before the rebirth of spring. Let your mind wander and let your bones rebuild. 

Model: Actor Alain Gerard
Photographer: Natalie Melissa
Location: NYC



"What I love about spontaneous shoots like this one is that you never know whats going to happen and the majority of the time it turns out to be this incredible story. I obviously have some sort of an idea of what I want to do at the conception but it's just an idea. The idea was I wanted a polished, British indie cinematic feel to it.  I was very lucky to have Alain Gerard, an amazing actor who happens to be a good friend of mine agree to be in the shoot. I love working with actors, they give such amazing gestures that go exactly with what you are trying to convey in the picture. The whole tone of this short series, from the colors to the gestures and clothes, give off exactly what I wanted but with a bit of GQuesque to it. One of my favorite shoots so far."
-Natalie Melissa 






No comments:

Post a Comment